06 Nov MAN CRUSH: THE SUAVE AND SOULFUL JOHN LEGEND
Award-winning crooner John Legend is known for setting hearts aflutter with his smooth, soulful voice and smouldering eyes.
How can we ever forget his award winning song “All of Me” which became Billboard Hot 100 number-one single and topped charts all over the world. “All of me” is a perfect love ballad dedicated to Chrissy Teigen whom he is now married to.
John Legend is suave, intelligent and incredibly romantic . From being a wonderful dad to an amazing husband, John can do no wrong in our eyes.
Born John Roger Stephens in Springfield, Ohio, John began playing piano and performing with his church choir at the age of four. After high school, he received scholarships to attend Harvard, Georgetown, and Morehouse instead, he went to Pennsylvania where he studied English with an emphasis on African- American literature.
John has made great contributions to charitable causes. He serves on several boards for non-profit charities such as “Stand for Children” and “Teach for America.” He was honoured by BET Humanitarian of the Year in 2010. And in 2007 he launched the show me campaign to elevate teachers and “give every child access to quality education”.
Achievements and Awards
- In 2005, Legend received fifteen nominations and won two, including Best New Artist at the Black Entertainment Television Awards (BET Awards) and Best R&B Act at the MOBO Awards.
- In 2006, Legend received ten nominations and won five, including Best R&B Male Vocal Performance for “Stay with You”, Best R&B Album for Get Lifted, Best New Artist at the Grammy Awards; Best R&B/Soul Album Male for Get Lifted, Best R&B/Soul Single Male for “Ordinary People” at the Soul Train Music Awards.
- In 2007, Legend received six nominations and won three, including Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group for “Family Affair”, Best Male R&B Vocal Performance for “Heaven” at the Grammy Awards; Best R&B/Soul Single Male for “Save Room” at the Soul Train Music Awards.
- From 2006- 2016, John Legend have received 10 ‘Grammy Awards’ for his various songs.
- In 2014, he won American Music Awards as Favorite Soul/R&B Male Artist.
- He won Two Billboard Music Awards for “All of me”song in 2015.
- Also in 2015, he won “Golden Globe Awards” for Best Original Song.
- Again in 2015, he received” MTV Video Music Awards ” for the category of Best Video with a Social Message for “One Man Can Change the World”.
- Overall, Legend has won 31 awards from 45 nominations.
Cheers to a phenomenal man. We love you John!